If you’re ever in need of beautiful images like this, I highly recommend my friend Jana. Just look at all this gorgeous-ness she’s created for writers just like you!
This week in The Mended Heart study, a key word is safe.
“You quickly learn that not every person is a safe place
to express your grief or questions.
They love you, or care about you,
or perhaps just know about you or your loss,
but they do not know what to say to you in this season.
But there is a safe place for you.”
~ Suzie Eller
My sweet friend Sarah Travis taught us how to do a topical word study this week. (Be sure and grab this FREE download to use in your study).
When are hearts are safe we feel protected, secure, unharmed, rescued.
And when they’re not? We feel insecure and unprotected.
I don’t know about you, but this girl’s heart is so tired of feeling insecure and unprotected. So let’s find a safe word in God’s Word to tuck into our hearts:
Fearing people is a dangerous trap,
but trusting the Lord means safety.
Proverbs 29:25 (NLT)
So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue
godly people from their trials,
even while keeping the wicked under punishment
until the day of final judgment.
2 Peter 2:9 (NLT)
I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God,
by your saving power.
Psalm 69:29 (NLT)
We put our hope in the Lord.
He is our help and our shield.
Psalm 33:20 (NLT)
Remember what Suzie said? “There is a safe place for you.”
Tuck this short little prayer into your heart today: Lord, rescue me. Shield me. I trust in You to keep me safe.
Are you studying The Mended Heart this summer? I’d love to hear what God is teaching you. If not, it’s never too late to join us.
It’s Week 1 of The Mended Heart online bible study with Proverbs 31.
I’m expecting you to join me! It’s not too late!
1) Sign up. If you don’t have the book yet, you’ll get the 1st 3 chapters free. We’re reading chapters 1 and 2 this week.
2) Follow along with the daily blog posts on Proverbs 31. They include videos, discussion questions and giveaways!
3) OPTIONAL: Join us for weekly Conference Calls. This is amazing in-depth bible teaching and professional encouragement. You will receive the weekly call-in info the day before, along with a fill-in-the-blank handout. The calls are live at 12 noon EST, but they are recorded so you can listen at your convenience.
4) OPTIONAL: Join us on Facebook for Bible Study Live on Thursday nights at 8 p.m. EST. It’s a very fun fast-paced hour of live bible study. Each week is archived so you can check it out at your convenience.
5) A “catch up” week is scheduled for the week of July 20 while Proverbs 31 hosts their annual She Speaks Conference. So don’t feel bad if you get a little behind.
6) Friendly plug: My friend Crystal Sunshine Hornback made this beautiful Luke 4:18 necklace and pallet sign to give away at our Twitter party Tuesday night. Be sure to check out her shops below:
SunshynRestored on etsy
Pallet 5 on Facebook
You can also follow Crystal here on Pinterest.
Linking up with these encouraging friends this week:
Gals, let’s just shoot it straight today, shall we?
We all have broken places.
Yes, I know, ‘broken’ sounds a little harsh. But as my friend Suzie Eller writes, “brokenness has many faces”.
I don’t know your broken areas, but God does, and He wants to help you mend them.
Suzie writes “God’s promise of healing is for you if you’ve been asking these questions”:
Yes, He sees you. He’s just waiting. Waiting for you to give Him your heart.
The time is now. This summer, let’s together explore The Mended Heart and Jesus’ self-proclaimed mission statement in Luke 4:18.
“When we couple our stories with the Jesus Factor,
we are offered the beautiful gift of a mended heart.”
~ Suzie Eller, The Mended Heart
If you haven’t signed up for Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies, it’s not too late! Sign up and you will receive the first 3 chapters FREE to get you through weeks 1 and 2. I hope you will join me!
I can’t wait to see what God will do when we give Him our hearts.
Encouraging linkups this week: